Document on the McIver/Beaton Cemetery
At the time of its opening, the McIver/Beaton Cemetery was located along the road that led to Stornoway (the Gisla road, where the Morrison museum is located). Some of our first Scottish settlers are buried there, about thirty people in total, including Angus McIver, Annie MacDonald, Neal Beaton and many children who died very young.
A complete list of the people that were buried in this cemetery can be consulted at the Donald Morrison museum.
Donald McIver and Christie Beaton tomb stone
Tomb stone of John Franck, son of Beaton. This tomb stone is located in the woods about 1 km from route 214.
Tomb stone of Neil, son of Donald and Mary Beaton (1882).